Thursday, June 11, 2009

Light of the World

John 8.12-30 - "Walking in Christ's Clarity"
Where did I come from? Where am I going? Why am I here?
Have you ever asked yourself these questions? Jesus was clear about his answers to these questions, although his answers mystified his contemporaries and lead us into spiritual reflection. And it should lead us to ask Him for clarity in our lives.
This week, as Jesus says, "I AM the light of the world," what does that light mean for our lives?
Read Exodus 13.17-14.25 to hear the story of the pillar of fire, the Lord leading the people in the wilderness as light in the darkness. Also see Deuteronomy 16.13-17 for more about the festival of tabernacles or booths, celebrated in John 8.

Congratulations to the class of 2009 - Alex, Brian, Dorothy, and Joshua. God bless you in the years ahead!

Join me for the church-wide picnic after church!


No comments:

Post a Comment