Thursday, June 4, 2009

"I AM..."

This week we begin a new sermon series on the "I AM..." sayings of Jesus from the gospel of John. "I am the Bread of Life", says Jesus. A fitting statement for celebrating the Lord's Supper. What does it mean for Jesus to be the bread of life? And what are these stories about manna from the Old Testament? Read Exodus 16 and Numbers 11 to understand the people's experience of manna in the wilderness.
If bread is nourishment, what does it mean to rely on Jesus for nourishment?

The Complete Series
1. John 6.25-59 I am the bread of life
2. John 8.12-20 I am the light of the world
3. John 10.1-10 I am the gate
4. John 10.11-18 I am the good shepherd
5. John 11.17-27 I am the resurrection and the life
6. John 14.1-14 I am the way the truth and the life
7. John 15.1-17 I am the true vine

Congratulations to our seniors. Look forward to getting to know you this weekend. May God bless you in these exciting years ahead - your adventure has just begun! Take Christ with you on the journey.

Our second graders receive their Bibles this Sunday. A special gift for special kids. Remember, Bibles are meant to be read.

2 comments:

  1. I am....looking forward to this series! ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating concept, Morgan. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Blessings on your summer!
    Esta Jarrett

    ReplyDelete